Friday, May 14, 2010

Fried Rice and Honey Chicken




Wednesday I was really in the mood for chinese food but I didn't feel like going out. I decided to see what was in my fridge and put stuff together.....it came out delicious!




While plain white rice was cooking in the rice cooker, I cooked chicken breasts with teriyaki sauce and some sazon completo because I'm Cuban. I then cut it up into bite size pieces and put them in a big pot. Next came the eggs. I scrambled 2 eggs with just some salt and put them with the chicken. To the chicken and eggs, I added 4 slices of chopped bacon, about 1 Tbsp minced garlic, 2 Tbsp butter, black pepper, oregano and sesame seeds. When the rice was done I added it to the pot and added soy sauce until it looked like fried rice.




To make the honey chicken, I just drizzled some honey over cut up chicken breasts and coated them in flour. I friend them in a little bit of oil and they were done in a few minutes.




The only problem was that I had some wine while I was cooking so I completely forgot to take pictures. The wine was soooo yummy so it was worth it and at least you all now have the recipe and can make it at home. :)




Bon Appetit!




4 comments:

  1. "I cooked chicken breasts with teriyaki sauce and some sazon completo because I'm Cuban." <-- this made me LOL. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love fried rice.. will try this recipe

    ReplyDelete
  3. It figures!! LOL. POOR ME...more wine!!!

    ReplyDelete