Sunday, March 14, 2010

A night of good food and good company

Happy Sunday. Sorry I've taken so long to post, since this is Friday's dinner. But my husband took out his wisdom teeth yesterday morning so I've had my hands full. I completely forgot to take pictures of what I made for dinner and dessert but they came out looking exactly like the online recipe pictures.
My husband and I had friends over for dinner Friday night and I made Shrimp Marinara that my mother had made the day before and sent me the recipe. It was delicious! My husband's friend even had two servings. It was made in the slow cooker and only took 4 hours. I mixed Italian diced tomatoes, tomato paste, water, garlic, parsley, salt, oregano, basil, and pepper in the slow cooker for three and a half hours and then added cooked shrimp for another 20 minutes. I served it all over linguine and topped it off with freshly grated parmesan cheese. Yum!
For dessert, I made cheesecake brownies. I made regular box-brownies and topped it with a cheesecake mixture made from cream cheese, eggs, and sugar. I also added some flour, vanilla, and butter to the cheesecake mixture that someone recommended in their review of the recipe. Double yum!
It was fun making dinner and dessert and even more fun sharing it with friends. For the exact recipe and pictures, go to http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Shrimp-Marinara-2/Detail.aspx?src=etaf for dinner and http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cheesecake-Brownies/Detail.aspx for dessert.
Bon Appetit!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great! I would have been worried that the shrimp would become rubbery! I've never made shrimp in the crockpot before, but maybe I should try that! :) Allrecipes.com is a great site, but I've also really gotten into recipezaar.com because they have a good rating system too. If you haven't checked it out, I recommend it. :)

    ReplyDelete