Wednesday, March 24, 2010

So far this week...




As you may remember, my husband, Carlos, got all 4 of his wisdom teeth extracted last Saturday so I didn't cook food good enough for this blog all week. He is feeling better so I started cooking again Monday. I made penne pasta with meatballs and sausage in red sauce with parmesan cheese. The meatballs weren't anything fancy, just out of the bag from the freezer section in Publix. Everyone loved it though. It was enough for Carlos, me, my in-laws, and sister- and brother-in-law. My niece just ate the meatballs.


Tuesday I made cheese ravioli with red sauce and provolone cheese in the oven. The recipe also called for ground beef but I haven't done the groceries in a while so I didn't have. Either way it was delicious. Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of this one, but I'm sure I'll make it again since it was so easy.


Today, Wednesday, I won't be cooking. In fact we just ordered Dominos pizza, which I haven't had in a while and love. But I was in the mood to cook so I made lemon thyme bars. Carlos didn't like them because he's not too fond of thyme, but both my in-laws and my brother-in-law liked them (he likes everything I make). Sooooo simple to make. Here is the recipe http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/lemon-thyme-bars-recipe/index.html It's from Giada from food network. I love her show!


I probably won't be cooking for the rest of the week because I won't be doing the groceries until this weekend; tomorrow is one of my best friend's birthday and I have school Friday and Saturday so I don't have time. But I already made my meal plan for the next two weeks and I promise I won't disappoint....very yummy recipes coming this way!


Until then,


Bon Appetit!


1 comment:

  1. I love Giada. She does a lot w/ Nutella. LOL The other day she had her daughter on the show. I have no idea in what time she had a daughter, but I'd love to look remotely like her after giving birth! :)

    ReplyDelete