Monday, April 5, 2010

Sandwiches and Crepes

Hello again. Sorry for the delay but I've been busy taking care of Carlos; he was sick and now I'm sick so no cooking for me this week. I did cook for my parents last Tuesday and it was better than I expected. Of course I forgot to take pictures again but I will make this again because it was such a success! I made a crescent cristo sandwich loaf, which was from my Pillsbury calendar (January), and crepes from Paula Deen. I will provide the recipe for the cristo since I didn't get it from a website.

Loaf:
2 cans (8 oz each) pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 2 cans (8 oz each) pillsbury crescent recipe creations seamless dough sheet
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons honey
6 oz thinly sliced smoked cooked turkey breast
6 oz medium sliced muenster cheese
6 oz thinly sliced cooked ham
1/3 to 1/2 cup smucker's red raspberry preserves

Topping:
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon sesame seed

1. Heat oven to 375F. Separate or cut dough into 4 long rectangles. Place rectangles crosswise on 1 large or 2 small ungreased cookie sheets (rectangles should not touch); if using crescent dough, firmly press perforations to seal. In small bowl, mix butter and 2 tablespoons honey. Brush over dough.
2. Bake 8 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown; cool 15 minutes.
3. Grease 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan. Carefully place 1 crust on pan. Top evenly with turkey. Place second crust over turkey; top with cheese and ham. Place third crust over ham; spread evenly with preserves. Top with fourth crust; brush top with 2 tablespoons honey. Sprinkle honey with sesame seed.
4. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until crust is deep golden brown and loaf is hot. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into 8 slices.

Trust me, it's a must try!

The crepes recipe can be found here: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/crepes-recipe/index.html

You can put any topping on them but for mine I put chocolate ice cream, cool whip, powdered sugar, and mini chocolate chips. Delicious!

Since I won't be cooking this week I will take pictures of my garden and also let you know what's in my kitchen. :)

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment