Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Cheeseburgers and Ice Cream
















I'm back. Sorry I was gone for so long again....I was very sick and didn't have any energy to cook. I'm finally feeling better and couldn't help myself yesterday and just had to cook. It was very easy and didn't take much effort, but it's something. :)





My parents came over and I had some burgers that I wanted to use up, if not I would have made them from scratch, but they still tasted good. I did make a sauce for them and topped them with bacon. The sauce is from my Food & Wine 2010 cookbook. It was supposed to be a tarragon russian dressing but I didn't have tarragon so I used oregano instead. It is a mix of mayonnaise, ketchup, red wine vinegar, grated onion, parsley, tarragon (oregano), and worcestershire sauce. Very tastey.





I also got anxious waiting for my parents since Carlos hadn't gone home yet and I was bored so I made Chocolate Chip and Peanut Blondies from Bon Appetit, except I added double chocolate chips and omitted the peanuts because I didn't have. Here's the recipe... http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/2009/07/chocolate_chip_and_peanut_blondies Wow were they good!





One more thing...I got the ice cream maker attachment for my KitchenAid stand mixer and Carlos made me cookies and cream ice cream! My very first homemade ice cream. I'm already looking for more recipes to make more ice cream!





I hope you enjoyed last night's dinner as much as I did!





Until next time...TTFN

2 comments: